Leather care tips
One of the most distinctive features about sheepskin compared to other types of leather is its softness.
At andu amet, we strive to showcase the natural beauty of the skin by creating our bags with our special tanning technique which involves as few processing as possible.
To enjoy the natural comfort of our bags for a lifetime, proper daily care is necessary.
Store away from direct sunlight and avoid humidity.
Never store too long in an unbreathable bag (eg. plastic bag), take a moment to let your bag breathe fresh air once in a while.
To preserve the shape of your sheepskin bag, simply pack paper materials (eg. newspapers, cloth, regular drawing paper etc.) inside the bag to create a paper pillowcase.
Extra precaution is needed when using newspapers for it may cause ink stains.
Gently pat the bag with soft cloth to pluck dirt off. Using water-proof spray or leather oil will help prevent stains.
Key for long-lasting use is to take care before it gets stain.
Make sure to clean the stain as quickly as possible for it will be harder to get the stain off after it has been left for a while.
Using polishers and brushes
- Gently wipe with soft cloth
- For suede materials, gently brush with horsehide
Using a rubber leather cleaner
- Gently rub with the rubber leather cleaner
Using leather cleaners
- Adapt the cleaner to the stain and wait until the stain has surfaced.
- Gently wipe the stain with rubber leather cleaner
- Adapt leather cream for smooth touch
* Some cleaners require different procedures, so please read the instructions before usage.
Testing out the cleaner on a small area is also suggested.
If leather gets wet
Gently wipe and hang bag to dry after usage in the rain.
After drying, rub leather cream or mink oil to preserve smooth texture.
* Avoid the use of hairdryers or any kind of heat resources to dry leather.
- For scratches on your bag, simply rub the surrounding areas with your fingers to blend the scratch.
- Wipe with soft cloth and mink oil for deeper scratches.
- For wrinkles, use an iron. Be sure to set the heating at low-medium and to use an ironing cloth.
- Do not steam with iron – it may create a smudge to your bag.
We provide special cares done by cleaning professionals.
Contact us about any small stains or cleaning problems and we will direct you to leather cleaning professionals that we have partnered with.
* Cleaning fees will be payed by the customer.